Monday 1 June 2015

Sketch Challenge no.52

Hello Everyone

Wowsers...it's 01st June and I can't believe that the months have just flown by.

We have a super sketch for you today and lots on inspiration, to go along with it.


You are welcome to create a card, tag, layout, an altered project, journal pages or even a digital project! You can create whatever you like! ;-)

Guest Designer Badge

We have a super, special Guest Designer today for this challenge and she is a super, duper lady too!
Welcome Bernii Miller, we are thrilled to have you here!



Hi there,
Bernii Miller here with you today as a Guest Designer for the awesome Scrap Africa blog. 
First here is a little about me .. I am a passionate memory keeper and love it in all forms from scrapbooking, project life through to journaling. There really is nothing more satisfying when my two little children hand me items and ask me to "scrap' it for them. They too can see how special it is that mummy creates treasured items for them to pull out and look at over and over again. And they do!! I started scrapbooking 10 years ago, and actually stopped scrapping about 2 years after I started. I became really bored with the same old same old products that were out there and found it quite uninspiring. That is till I found the huge community of scrapbookers on the internet and came across Becky Higgins, Heidi Swapp and Elizabeth Kartchner when they were just starting out. I bought and bought and bought so many supplies but they still sat there and collected dust.. It wasn't till the start of last year when I woke one morning and my husband asked me why I was not following my crafting dreams and passions more. I guess being a mother to two small children kinda gets in the way of that. So it was at that moment that I decided to get back into my scrapbooking full throttle instead of it always sitting in the wings and trying to find the time to play. Now I make the time. It has taken over my life now .. In a good way. I am always dreaming up ways to make layouts or mini albums and making sure I am always trying to capture both the special and not so special moments in my families lives . I have been incredibly lucky to be named a Scrapbooking Memories Master for 2014 ( a long time dream of mine ) and am on the Design Team for BoBunny, The Stamp Spot and Couture Creations . As much as Scrapbooking is recording memories for me , it also an outlet for me to be creative so I love to experiment, layer and add loads of product that makes me happy.. So thank you so much Denise for asking me to play along with this month’s Sketch Challenge – I had so much fun just playing and creating…

Bernii created this gorgeous page for us.


The background is super amazing and the colours so super and vibrant! The crocheted doilies are a fabulous touch too! ;-)





The photo's are so super sweet! ;-)

Thanks so much Bernii for creating this fun and fabulous page! ;-)
Please pop over to Bernii's blog, you will be inspired and will find lots and lots of eye candy! ;-)


We also have a previous TOP HAT, Kris, who is just going to wow you with her card.
So pleased to have Kris Guest Designing for us! ;-)

Hello! My name is Kristiina (nickname: Kris). I am married, have 3 kids and live in Ireland. Art is already my great passion from my early childhood years and it plays a big role in my life. I have always loved pencil drawing, painting, card making and crafting. I also truly enjoy mixed media, altered art, home decor and even lino-cutting time by time. Anything artsy & crafty basically. I find pleasure in creating textures, details and love to use vibrant colours. 

Thanks a million for having me as a Guest Designer!

Here is Kris' gorgeous card.


Look at those gorgeous textures and amazing background.

Here's a closer look.




This is really a special card and the details are just fabulous! ;-)

Thanks so much Kris for creating this gorgeous card for the challenge! ;-)
Please pop over to Kris' blog, she is so very creative and artsy! ;-)

Thanks, again, to both Bernii and Kris for their stunning projects! ;-)


So now to the Design Team for their inspiration and I know that they are certainly going to do that!
Some of the new Design Team members were also able to create some projects, so I am super, excited to showcase these as well! ;-)








20150531_102837-1.jpg (1600×1600)


DSC_0538.JPG (771×768)


DSCN9759.JPG (1566×1600)




June+KOM-Layout+2_Houghton.jpg (1585×1600)


scrap+africa+1.jpg (1600×1600)


DSC_0005.JPG (640×435)




sea.jpg (1600×1073)


Granny+web.jpg (1181×1181)


PortaNigra.1.JPG (1598×1600)


DSC_0075.JPG (1498×1500)

SA_Capture+Life.jpg (1000×999)


IMG_0027-1.jpg (1154×1600)


blogger-image-1340936896.jpg (353×480)

blogger-image-105650036.jpg (363×480)

As always we have some goodies up for grabs! ;-)

Thanks ever so much to Elizna at Scrap-It Design Studio for sponsoring this prize.



Scrap It Design Studio, situated in the beautiful coastal Port Elizabeth, 
is selling a wide selection of Lifestyle Crafts, memory Box and Poppystamps dies. 
Scrap It Design Studio will soon move into a business premises in Richmond Hill 
from where the owner, Elizna Parsons, will teach classes 
and sell dies and other scrapbooking basics.

http://scrapitdesignstudio.com/
on FACEBOOK: SCRAP IT DESIGN STUDIO
E-MAIL: parri@telkomsa.net

One random, lucky person will win this super prize


Includes:
Teresa Collins Nine and Co Foiled File Folders and Flaps
Heidi Swapp Glitter Stickers
Webster’s Pages Sticker Elements & Memory Pockets and Tags
Doodlebug Mini Doilies
Heidi Swapp Stamp Set

Stick-On Rhinestones
Valued at over R300

So now it's your turn to show us how creative you can get with the sketch! ;-)
You have until 14 June to upload your projects.


7 comments:

  1. Thanks again Denise for having me as a Guest Designer!!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwww...Enhorabuena a las chicas, magníficos trabajos e inspiración... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous takes on the sketch! Beautiful work ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the fun challenge and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorável desafio e inspirações incríveis!!! Muito obrigada!!
    Abraços a todas.
    Marlei
    from Brasil

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...